1) If you honestly don't like it when people call you cheena piang, then try to change it. All the stuffs you have been doing only goes to show that you are way more educated in Chinese than in English. Writing the birthday card in Chinese, knowing specific terms in Chinese and not in English, finding definition of English words in Chinese like what? If you want to improve your English I seriously don't think that you should be searching for stuffs in Chinese because if so you will never improve in English?! Like seriously it's damn annoying when you don't get something in English then when we explain in English, you don't understand and we have to explain it in Chinese. We are forced to do extra work just to accommodate to you do you know that? It is causing additional burden for us. We are not your lifeline, neither are we your notes nor translation machine nor answer sheet. I understand if it is harder to solve questions because people do ask me for help too and I try my best to help them, but don't you find it ridiculous when you are asking me the stuffs already written in black and white in the notes? It is like "I don't get it so I'll just ask my classmates to help me because they are very smart and they are definitely very willing to help me translate everything into another language." Honestly, we are not.
2) Don't you think you still ask too many questions? If you don't get it, pay more attention during the lesson and try to understand it. Look, it is not my responsibility or any of my classmates' responsibility to make sure that you understand your stuffs. That has nothing to do with me. When you ask us questions, we are forced to learn our shit immediately and we cannot our own studies at our own pace because we have to explain it to you. Everything takes time - so does learning. If you don't understand something, give yourself time to absorb. That does not mean just throwing your notes there and don't read it. What I mean is you try to read things bit by bit and move on before you really understand. Don't understand? Find it in English. Get to the bottom of it. Google is here for a reason. We are not your google. I do not have the time to answer your questions. If so I can be a tutor already.
3) Also your English really need improve okays... Go read newspapers or BBC news and listen to how they articulate their speech. Not saying mine is perfect, but yours is really below average and you really need to do something about it. Not only me, but the whole class finds it quite hard to comprehend what you are trying to say due to major grammatical errors and the constant pauses in speech which makes it really hard to follow.
4) The way you understand instructions also a bit weird... What we wanted is a summary of the forum, not just listing down whatever that was being said. If so I'm basically doing the work for you already because I was the one who did the minutes for you? And your research is supposed to be country X at 2050, not its relationship with China. *See bring in China again haix*. It was already stated right at the top as the question but I have absolutely no idea how you can link it to China. And I have been receiving a lot of feedback that you "control - c" & "control - v" everything so we have to actually read through what you wrote and isn't that already giving us additional work? That is one of the reasons why I did not want to use your work fully as I know we sure won't make it pass the plagiarism thingy.
5) You don't want to lose face in front of the class but the things you do are already losing face. You ask so many questions and often throw yourself to shame by making points completely irrelevant to the question posted. You also force memorise everything during the presentation like honestly that is NOT the right way to do a presentation. We already told you that that is not the way but you refuse to listen. You are supposed to UNDERSTAND your points and elaborate it freely on the presentation, not MEMORISE it. You have to control your nervousness also... It is really super duper obvious when you are nervous. Relax if things are not going your way (mouse refuses to co-operate, screen suddenly goes blank). No one will be that cruel to mark you down based on that. And when you nervous you will talk damn fast cause you scared you forget everything AND no one understands what on earth you are trying to say, which brings on to my next point.
6) You can't accept criticisms? Just because I say don't ask so many questions you avoid me but ask the same amount of questions to my classmates. That is not my point. My point is that you should really try to understand things yourself and be more independent. This is Singapore, girl. You are in a place where we think and do things quickly. We have no time and effort for additional bullshit. We care more about ourselves than a whole. We get annoyed easily. We want our things done asap with the minimum effort. We can think on the spot because we think very fast. So we have no time to explain everything over and over again. We get annoyed. Okay? THIS IS SINGAPORE. Everything is fast paced. If you lack the skills to think fast and flexibly, you will lose out. If you take too much time to understand something, you are out. If you ask too many questions, you are out. If you are too dependent on someone, you are out. I can tell you straight that Singapore is not for you if you cannot understand new things quickly and think on the spot quickly and flexibly. Also, when I told you that when your presentation was not good, you emo. Like that how you want me to be honest to you so that you can learn your mistakes? We want to help you, but you refuse to take our help and in return you want us to help you in a way that is not going to benefit you in the long run.
Honestly one more time such things happen I'm not going to be very nice anymore. I am NOT going to let my classmate suffer anymore of this bullshit. I believe that we have been very very tolerant with you since Year 1 and if I don't do something we are going to suffer.
No comments:
Post a Comment