So GE2015 is on and extremely hot now so idk lets just talk about it. From a viewpoint of an 18 yr old boy. So... What does GE2015 mean to me?
Well, it means my future honestly. As 18, I'm actually worried about my future. About Singapore's future. I definitely respect the people who have brought SG to where it is today but this GE2015 is just like... Wow.
I'm neutral (not pro for PAP or any other opp). I do agree that some PAP plans can be more well thought of (not like I can think of it any better honestly) but some of the opps points are just ridiculous. The what three finger then "BOOOO PAP". Like what? That is absolutely rude and not required. Saying that we are not China/Malaysia citizens as "Heng ah" is not any better too. Keep it clean please. Also the opps point of making so many things free, like hello is our gov. really that rich? Honestly idw a welfare state. It does not motivate me to work hard cause I'll be getting money if I'm unemployed anyways. FTs' are unavoidable too, but we have to control the number. This is my country, not a country made up of many different smaller countries.
Okay so back to SG's future. I view SG as having a few advantages but honestly all of them are like... not becoming an advantage anymore.
1) Transit hub. For goods, maybe still yes, provided that China and Thailand do not cut a canal across Thailand. If that canal really takes place, it is going to hurt SG's economy by a lot definitely.
For air travel, it seems that things are not getting better now. Things are seemingly better for the aviation industry now is cause of the low oil prices. But Qantas has ditched SG as their transit hub to Dubai and the big 3 Middle Eastern carriers have been stealing away tons of customers from everyone. So much so that the big 3 US carriers are complaining. I'm not gonna lie, but SQ definitely had its toll too. But I'm glad that SQ has not backed down from stiffened competition but rather, innovate even more for a more competitive product.
2) Corruption - free. This is the point where I believe that SG must continue heading towards. Staying corrupt free means that investors know that their money and investments are safe here. It shows that wr have integrity. If SG were to be corrupted, I see no attractive point in SG anymore.
3) Our dual - language system. Honestly, dual language seems to be a required for everyone now. Look at the westerners learning Chinese and the PRC citizens learning English (many of them outshine us). It's clear that our dual - language system is no longer effective. Yes, it definitely was when I was younger, but I'm not 100% convinced that it is now. I'm not saying it's a bad system, but how can we improve it?
So these are like really the three major advantages that SG and Singaporeans have imo.
What do we really want for our next 50 years? Getting benefits everytime and eventually running out our reserves, or to board the ship with a destination but may be titantic? Base our future on economic growth or the overall balance of the country? The world is our market, it is not just Asia itself anymore. And as the world power begins to shift, I'm afraid that the economic growth that we have is temporary due to over-reliance on China. If China catches a cold, SG will be badly hurt. Indonesia is another market to look out for to, but Indonesia has to step up its game too.
Okay now off to something more light.
So after searching like stuffs about Jessica's departure, it seems that
1) Jessica wanted to leave SNSD for B&E
2) SM and members agree, intends to make Tokyo Dome her farewell stage by intending to fake her sickness or take a hiatus or just telling the truth idk.
3) Suddenly Jessica changed her mind. She dw to leave SNSD as she may need more recognition for B&E and she can use SNSD.
4a) SNSD and SM not happy. So they refused.
4b) SNSD and SM not happy but maybe they decided to monitor her first. So when before the fanmeeting she was at NY while the other members were in SK rehearsing/idk, they most probably saw that Jessica was putting SNSD as her secondary career, not primary.
5) They did not want a 1/2 hearted member to be in SNSD.
6) Hence they kicked her out.
But honestly Jessica's popularity is no joke so why would they want to kick her out eventually? The damages it has to SNSD would be greater than to Jessica (it is actually slowly proving now).
and idk why the members would wanna kick her out. Like during Sunny FM date Sunny said herself something like "remove 5 of us still have 4" or somewhere along that line. Thats damn sad u know... And everytime when they say 여덟명 멤버 instead of 아홉명 it just really breaks everyone's heart...
Tho it's kinda sad that Jessica can no longer be with the other 8 members. There were rumours that Yoona called Jessica during her drama shoot in China and I WISHED THAT WAS TRUE. Looking at Lion Heart I really wished that SNSD was 9 as it would look pretty on Jessica too with that concept.
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
thoughts over certain things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment